The Chambre des notaires du Québec, through its Notarial Studies Fund (NSF), provides financial support to communities, organizations and society stakeholders for initiatives aligned with its mission: Protection of the Public.
The Chambre des notaires has launched its new General Financial Assistance Program for the Notarial Studies Fund to learn more: watch the presentation video and download the presentation (both available in French only).
Note: New developments will enhance the financial assistance program as of April 1, 2021. Applications that used to be processed as sponsorships must now be eligible for the financial assistance program.
The Chambre des notaires can award its financial assistance according to the General financial aid program (French only), which applies to submitted applications. Through this program, the Chambre supports the development of a vibrant law society accessible to Quebecers and thereby encourages projects and organizations working towards that end. More specifically, the Chambre wants to:
- Improve access to justice, by reducing physical, psychological, financial, linguistic or social obstacles as well as by promoting access to legal information to people with low income or in a vulnerable situation.
- Support the continuous development of the law so it adapts to society and its changes.
- Promote Quebec civil law.
- Ensure excellence among and promote Quebec notaries.
- Invest in the next generation and skills development of notaries.